By Appointment Only
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Other programs from Nebraska Department of Health and Human services:
- Employment First Services
- Emergency Assistance
Schedule a Virtual Appointment
Contact Person: AccessNebraska
Toll Free: 1-800-472-3382
Hours of Operation: NA
SNAP provides monthly nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of needy families so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency.
How to get started
Households can apply by picking up an application from an office, filling out an application online at accessnebraska.ne.gov, or calling ACCESSNebraska at 402-323-3900 if in Lincoln or 800-383-4278 if outside Lincoln in Lancaster and Saunders County.
1050 N St, Suite 150,
- Gross income below 130% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)If under gross income limit, Net income (after allowable deductions) below 100% FPL.
- Resident of Nebraska
- U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a Social Security Number (exceptions apply)
- Have not left job or refused job without a good reason
- Not a student in higher education (exceptions apply)
- Have not been convicted of a drug felony (exceptions apply)
- Complying with terms of sentence if convicted of certain felonies
Households that meet the SNAP eligibility requirements will receive money each month that can be used to buy food.
Individuals can be referred to apply through any of the methods in #5