This is a standing committee that is responsible for ensuring that our work stands proudly in the light of public observation and accountability. These meetings are not open to the public as this committee only makes recommendations to the workforce board. Non-board members can and do serve on this committee. If you would like to get involved, contact the workforce administrator, Dylan Wren, at email@example.com.
- Tom Emerson, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #265
- Julie Panko Haberman, Lincoln Electric System
- Matt Scott, North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters
- Randy Sterns, IBM
- Rod Armstrong, Armstrong Enterprises
- Travis Beck, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
The workforce board and mayor are responsible for monitoring all programs and services offered under the local WIOA Title 1B grant. Here is our monitoring schedule and summary of findings. All monitoring is reviewed by the Compliance & Accountability Committee. This committee will make recommendations for corrective action to the workforce board.
Request for Proposals
The committee reviews Request for Proposals (RFP) including service provider proposals.
This committee reviews proposed policy revisions and makes recommendations to the workforce board.
Certification of the American Job Center
Every three years the workforce board must assess and certify that the center is physically and programmatic accessible and is effective in serving job seekers and employers.
On the off years, an Equal Opportunity assessment is completed by the city’s Ombudsman.
The service provider and administrative entity meet monthly to review the items below. Summaries and outcomes are shared and reviewed by this committee on a routine basis.
Outreach, Enrollments, & Exits
The service provider Project Director will lead this meeting. The administrative entity Program Coordinator is the secondary lead.
Review prior month’s achievements:
- Enrollments to-date vs. enrollment goals
- Exits to-date
- On-the-job training activities vs contract goals
- Work Experiences & Try-out Employment activities vs contract goals
- Current caseload and distribution among career planners
- Rapid Response events
- Outreach activities including business services efforts
- Pending enrollments
- Identification of layoff and/or closures
The service provider will provide the following NEworks reports in advance of the meeting:
Reports > detailed reports > case management reports > case load > assigned case load > application date, current program year > run
The service provider Project Accountant will lead this meeting. The Administrative Entity Fiscal Agent is the secondary lead.
Review prior month’s:
- Direct aid to customers
- Work experience and try-out employment expenditures
- Current obligations
- Funds available for obligation in the coming month
- In-School and out-of-school expenditures
- Actions to be taken in the coming month
During this time the Project Accountant will reconcile with Administrative Entity Fiscal Agent, including what funds are still available for obligation. The service provider will provide the above information in advance of the meeting.
The fiscal agent will provide a summary of the most recently completed financial review.
Quality Assurance & Performance
The service provider Quality Policy Trainer will lead this meeting. The Administrative Entity Compliance Coordinator is the secondary lead.
Review prior month’s:
- File reviews completed by both the service provider and administrative entity
- Training provided during previous month
- Identification of trends and areas that need technical assistance
The service provider will provide the above information in advance of the meeting.
American Job Center
The service provider’s One Stop Operator will lead this meeting. The Administrative Entity Program Coordinator is the secondary lead.
Review prior month’s:
- Number of customers served in the resource room
- Workforce system development
- Referrals sent and received
- Job seeker and employer satisfaction survey results including narrative
- Hiring events/job fairs and other on-site events
- Partner Forum and other training events
- Upcoming events
- Identify opportunities for technical assistance